Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Too Much

I really have got to stop trying to do so much in a day. For some reason I just think that I can squeeze a few more things in, and it is stressing me out.

I wanted to get Kate's hair cut, but wanted my sister to come with me to take pictures. It's a big event, after all. Jess is going to be induced on Monday, and we have other things going on all week, so it had to be today. We left the house late, and then had to wait at Great Clips (I'll spend more when she stops putting peanut butter in her hair at lunchtime). Kate did very well, and escaped without any cuts to the skin. I wasn't sure that was going to work out okay, considering how much she was squirming in my lap. She now has a neater appearance (except when she puts her syryp-covered fork in her hair after breakfast), and I have a lock of blonde curls to put in her baby book.



Before the haircut.



Her first trim.

After the haircut, we raced to lunch at Rocco's, late again. I think I hit every red light on the way there. Claire was starting to fuss a little due to hunger, but she hung on until we got "situated" in the restaurant. We were all sitting inside, and if you've been to Rocco's, you know there is hardly any room in there. Especially when there are 4 moms with 5 kids trying to squeeze into a booth. Carseats were everywhere, Kate was trying to climb out of her highchair onto the table, and there I was attempting to nurse Claire with a knit blanket covering us. We were hot, Kate was hungry and getting tired, and I was getting more stressed every minute. I had wanted to get together with friends to catch up, but somehow that didn't work out so well. I don't know why I keep thinking it will...pretty much every outing with 2 kids and 1 parent makes me stressed and I leave wondering what I was thinking. Having people over to the house works so much better; I think I'll stick with that for awhile.

Tonight while Tim was giving Kate a bath, she stood up and said, "up up up!". This, in the past, has been an indication that she needs to use the toilet so Tim quickly picked her up and put her on her Dora potty. She sat there for what seemed like 10 minutes, soaking wet, playing with her bath toys...and then she peed in the potty! Sorry for the graphic, folks, but this is a bit of a milestone for us. About 6-8 weeks ago she told me she had to go and I put her on and she went and then: nothing for the next couple of months. She'd want to sit on the potty, but wouldn't do anything. I had pretty much lost hope, until tonight, of potty training until she was a bit older. We'll see if we can continue to progress. And of course you'll be able to read all about it right here. That's why you read this, right? To hear about potty stories? That's what I thought.

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

even though it was short, it is always nice to see you!

Jen said...

You too! I'm just sorry it was so short and that I was so frazzled! Saturday should be better....2 parents for 2 kids.

Katie said...

I can't believe Kate is asking to be potty trained!!! That is amazing.

Your lunch story made my blood pressure rise and my frazzle level reach an alarming height. UGH! It sounds just awful!