Wednesday, May 09, 2007

So Much Fun

If you can't find us over the summer months at home, we're probably here:

Kate enjoys the misters.



Peeking out from behind a water gun.


Getting very wet.

We went to Brandi Fenton Memorial Park today along with several other moms and kids. Kate was apprehensive at first, but after I started splashing around, she did too, and she had a great time. We got to leave McLaren at home with Tim since he's on nights, so it was just Kate and me. She loved it! We'll be spending a lot of time there in the next few months, I hope.

Claire is starting to laugh now. She has this silly 'ha ha ha' rapid/forced laugh that's really hammy and funny. I hope she'll keep it up long enough so that I can get a video of her doing it, but so far I think I'm the only one who has heard her. She is growing up fast and is sleeping so well now. I can put her down around 7-7:30pm and she won't wake up until 7:30-8am. And she is taking great naps, which allow me time to spend with Kate. Claire also has this fun eyebrow thing going; she is definitely related to my side of the family, as she can already raise one eyebrow and does so often. She looks like she is skeptical of everything.

Kate is doing great, too. She's so funny, laughing when she's pulling Starbuck's string for him to chase her, and playing peek-a-BOO at the dinner table. She wants to be just like me; she puts her cell phone and wallet in her purse, and walks around the house occasionally opening her phone to say "uh-huh" and "bye-bye" and then closing it again, with purpose. We're trying to teach her earmuffs ("Max, can you earmuff for me?" Beanie, Old School) because she's learning new words pretty quickly and I fully expect her to repeat something her father (never me) has said in her presence, and it will probably happen at a very inopportune time, like at church. Anyway.

4 comments:

dana:) said...

We should have gone!!!!!!! I guess it was worth the drive!!!!! Eric has repeated a few words of John's (not mine), how fun!!!:)

Andrea and Ben said...

hahahah, ear muffs! I love it! Those pictures are adorable and now I want to go there and splash around.....do you think people would think it wierd that I don't have any kids with me ;0)

Katie said...

Excuse me but your TINY INFANT sleeps better than my TODDLER. Is there green rage coming out of my ears? Sorry.

Awesome pictures! I love the descriptions of your girls' personalities!

Jen said...

Sorry Katie (and all other mothers out there) - I'm not trying to brag about my kids' sleep habits! Just trying to keep a bit of a baby journal going because I'm so lame about their baby books.

And of course, the night after I write about their wonderful sleepiness they both wake up at like 5am the next morning. =P