Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Duh-Duh Baby?

Temperance Annette.

Jessica had her baby! Temperance Annette (Tempie) was born via emergency C-section on Sunday night; she weighed 7/9 and was 19.5" tall. She's a cutie, even if she does look like her daddy. Congrats to Jess and Mike!

Over the weekend I was telling Kate that she was going to have a new baby cousin, that Aunt Jessica was going to have a baby girl. She got a worried, but thoughtful, look on her face and said, "Duh-Duh baby?" Duh-Duh is my sister, Jessica, in Kate-speak. After I disappeared Monday morning and evening to go visit them at the hospital, Kate seemed a little distraught. I think she is concerned that I am going to be bringing a new baby home. Hopefully she'll relax more when we visit them at their house and see Tempie's nursery. And then come home without the baby. We'll see.

Over the weekend I realized why they don't have Toddler Day Spas. Kate now has pretty toes, but the carpet took a minor hit of red nail polish, as did my hands and Kate's leg.


Post-pedi.

Such a good sleeper.

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Toddler day spas.......now there is an idea! Congrats to your sister!!!!

Katie said...

That is so funny that she is scared of you bringing home another baby! Congrats to Jessica on the new little babe.

I think Toddler Day Spas would be a great idea--except they should have a giant, padded, toy-filled supervised room where the toddlers go. Then, the moms can go get pedicures and massages in peace.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Your family picks such great names! I LOVE Temperance!