Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Icky Bins and 'Tucks'

Kate has a fascination with garbage trucks. I'm not sure how it started, but she loves to hear the 'tucks' drive up and pick up the 'icky bins'. Tuesday is our day here, and Tuesday mornings are candy for Kate. First the recycling trucks come and pick up the icky bins at the end of our driveway, and then sometime during breakfast she can hear the garbage trucks rumbling down the alley behind our house to pick up the communal dumpsters. She cranes her neck around so she can see behind her, over the back wall, as the truck's arms reach out and lift the canisters into the air, dumping their contents into the belly of the truck. Then she claps. "Icky bins! Icky bins!" It's really quite charming.

Almost 2 weeks ago now, my sister graduated from dental hygiene school, pretty much at the top of all of Arizona's classes. My dad came out to visit, and he got to spend time with all three of his granddaughters.

Kate's swimming lessons continue, and she is getting better each day. She now cries the instant she sees the pool from her car seat, as opposed to last week when she didn't start crying until I actually handed her over to Ms. Tracie. So, no progress there. But the swimming part is going great. Also a bonus: she is tired out afterwards and either takes a really long nap, or goes to bed at 7pm and sleeps for 12 hours straight. I think it's worth the money just for that.

2 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Cute! Speaking of icky bins, I had best get my recycle out since tomorrow is our day :0)
Good to hear Kate is becoming a strong swimmer, definitely a necessity at your house!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You look fabulous!!!! I can only hope I look that way after having this little one! I love hearing stories of Kate and Clare.

Heather