Monday, May 01, 2006

where have all the simple toys gone?


Was I bored as a child? I must have been, because all of my toys didn't require batteries. I don't really remember my toddler years. Maybe that's why - no batteries. I went to Babies R Us last weekend to find baby gifts for friends, and thought I should get something for Kate, too, since I was there. I hate that now I can't go to Target or some other such store and not buy something for Baby Girl. Sigh. Anyway...I was looking for something simple for her to play with. She's only 7 months old and frankly she has plenty of toys. But something simple wouldn't be too bad, right? Then I remembered a toy that I used to have - it was a red plastic box with holes cut out in different shapes. You had these little shaped plastic blocks that you would try to put into the box, and then once you got them all in, you opened up the box and took the blocks out and started all over again. Did Babies R Us have this toy? Not exactly. They did, however, have one that required batteries, and was supposed to be the same sort of thing. Batteries? For a box? What the hell? Needless to say, I didn't buy that toy. I did get her the ring/donut toy where you put all the colored rings on the post. They still sell that one, and it doesn't require batteries. She loves it.

By the way, for all you moms of girls, check out this website for great hair clips - they are expensive but well-made, and they do stay in for the most part.

https://www.hairclippy.com/shop_bows.asp

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know! The toys are retarded now. I hate them. I love the bows though! Once Becca actually grows some hair I will likely use that site!