Monday, May 15, 2006

it's almost 10pm and...

...the AC just turned on. Again. Guess it's about that time of year. It was only 97 today (we hit century+ over the weekend, so 90s are good), but it's still 80 outside. It's so nice outside at this time of night. If we had deck furniture, we could sit outside sipping cocktails.

Yesterday was my first "official" Mother's Day, as everyone put it. The masses were divided last year as to whether I was truly a mother yet, but this year there was no denying it. The best part about Mother's Day for me? Sleeping in!! Tim got up to feed Kate breakfast, and I slept until almost 9am. I don't remember the last time I did that. The rest of the day was just swimming, sipping Pacifico in the pool, and watching Battlestar Galactica. Damn, I am hooked on that show! We must have watched 4 hours yesterday.

Last week Kate decided to start crawling, and yesterday she decided to start babbling. She'd been doing the 'aaaaaahhhhh' thing for a few weeks, but yesterday she started saying babababa. She even said mama twice, although I can't count it because I don't think she knew what she was saying. She is also starting to sign 'eat', which is so fun to see. Smart kid, if I do say so myself. Oh yeah, and today she decided to grab the crib rails and try to stand up. She's going to do a sommersault tomorrow, I'm certain.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love her little eyes peeping over the edge of the crib. That is so cute!

I got deck furniture for my birthday and had grand plans to enjoy it, but then the mosquitos came out and I'm worried I'll never use the deck!! They're awful. The pool looks fabulous!

Jen said...

It's fun to see her try to stand up in her crib, except that I get nervous she will fall and hurt herself. Hasn't happened yet, though.

The pool is fabulous! Tucson is a much lovlier place when you have a pool. All I need is some lawn chairs!

I do not understand how mosquitos can possibly live through such a winter as those in Alaska...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing on the blog. The pool and the lil'un do look good. Happy Memorial and Mother's Day. I can sympathize about Battlestar. It's tough to imagine a better program on the tele.

-Doug