Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sporting a new look

Dora underwear on her head.


Giant bruise on her forehead.

Potty-training is going pretty well. Kate still does not tell me when she has to go, but if I put her on at the right times, we don't have accidents. We are not yet accident-free, but who is at this age?

Claire loves to say, "What is it?" She asks this question of everyone and everything.

Unpacking. Still a nightmare. But my friend Amie from Seattle came to visit over the weekend, so I had a good excuse to ignore the boxes stacked everywhere.

I bought sample cans of paints to test on various walls of the house. I painted patches on many, many walls, thinking I would just repaint over them with the white wall paint in the garage. Only problem is the white wall paint isn't white - it is the outside trim paint. Sweet. Do you know how many shades of white exist? Hint: it's a LOT.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmmm...well now you're going to just have to repaint EVERY room that has been "tested" with paint. Good times. Oh boy.

I am guessing that the 30 minute timer thing might work for Kate. Becca would never go when it was my idea to put her on, so that never worked for us, but it might for you! Just every 30 min when it goes off it is potty time. For a day or two...and then she will probably get the idea!? Maybe?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures sweetheart! Kate is getting so grown up and such a cute HAT :-)
Claire looks just like her dad with that bruise. It's in the same place all of his were. Brings back wonderful memories!
Don't stress out over the paint you could always let the girls put their hand prints up in different colors until you decide what you want to do and then it will look like you just planned it that way.
Love you all.
Mom

Anonymous said...

We've made the same mistakes with white, too. James touched up the ceilings in our last house with our "white" paint and it ended up being the trim paint and it looked gray. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one not "settled" in their house. The pictures are wonderful! I'm newly inspired to try to get caught up on my Tabblos yet again. Love you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, no on the paint! Once, this crazy decorator girl I knew ran out of the master paint, so she scraped some off from the wall in her closet and took it to Dunn Edwards and they did some paint analysis on it. They then gave her a paint that matched it. But she was c-r-a-z-y.

Speaking of crazy (beautiful, that is), CLAIRE'S EYES!!!!

How was Tim's trip? Since he stole the camera, I would have at least thought he might have snapped some photos and posted a blog entry about it. Geesh. Tim.

Andrea and Ben said...

Hahaha, underwear on her head. Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

I rented my house out with a big blotch of kitchen wall repainted to "match" the white and the sheen of the original... Same with the bath... And, the office ceiling... Sometimes close enough is good enough and better than it was before. We're busy people.
Hope you're all having fun!
Niki

Amie said...

Oh, poor baby with the bump! Is that what she got in the pool the day I was there? Looks like it hurt!

Glad I could provide an excuse to avoid unpacking. :) It was great to see you!