Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A visitor



We've only been here for 2 weeks, and already we've had one family member visit us (note to the rest of you: stop slacking and make plans to stop by soon!). Tim's uncle Bob is a truck driver, and he occasionally gets deliveries to our hometown, wherever that may be. He was able to spend a few hours with us last week, so we went to the dinosaur park and then out to lunch. He made fast friends with the girls by presenting them with small, but highly treasured, gifts, and playing peek-a-boo with them.

Upon leaving the park, the modest hole next to the rear pocket on my shorts grew in size by several inches (read: almost waist to hem), and we had to head home so I could change. Then, properly clothed, we enjoyed a leisurely lunch at Blueberry Hill (Kate's current favorite restaurant, because Blueberry Hill is where Swiper the fox lives) before uncle Bob had to continue his drive to Utah. Thanks for spending time with us!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Is Blueberry Hill the one right across from the base?? Actually, some blueberry pancakes sound really good right about now.....

Cool that you already had a visitor to help at least one day go by without being crammed in your TLF!

Andrea and Ben said...

That is pretty cool you have had a visitor already!!
I love the breakfast at Blueberry Hill - YUMMMMMM!

Anonymous said...

I like the reference to the clothing problem. It reminded me of the story I told you about my jeans on the way home from San Antonio.
So glad Uncle Bob got to visit. He was supposed to be on his way to see us in the next day or two, but is headed west again instead so the kids are bummed.

Elizabeth said...

How adorable is Uncle Bon? With his hat and suspenders? I love him!

That totally happened with my jeans, recently.

I WISH I could say the same about Blueberry Hill. But not so much.