Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Purchased: one red bed

I called and ordered the red bed, even though Kate is now insisting that she absolutely must have the white one. So sorry, baby girl.

You all offered some very constructive comments about which one I should buy, and most importantly, you had no huge reasons why I should not buy the red one, which I secretly love. I am somewhat concerned about teaching Kate to make her own bed, but feel that she is a smart girl and we'll figure it out. Besides, she won't really be making her own bed for like 8 more years, right? AND, the red bed is SO SO SO Cute. Love.

5 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I did not get a chance to put in my 2 cents. I love the red bed. The nice thing is, if you end up in a short house (like Tucson) the red bed will look more at home than the canopy bed. I love it and can see why you love it too!!

Katie said...

So *rubs hands together* now we get to talk bedding! My favorite subject!! What are you going to put on that cute bed?

joanna said...

I love that bed! For now, none of the children in my house use flat sheets. They have a fitted sheet and a blanket or duvet. Much easier to make up the beds for all of us and less to wash. I can picture that bed in a room with white washed furniture or maybe wood with a cherry finish or a slight red tinge. Although maybe the tint of the wood isn't too important. It really is pretty. I wanted to put our girls in a double bed, but others in my house were not as fond of the idea.

Anonymous said...

I loved the red bed, too. I'm sure it will be wonderful. And, it can always be painted if you decide or Kate decides she's done with red. However, I'd shorten your 8 year time frame - better for you anyway! Mykenzie is not yet 8 and can make her own double bed almost perfectly and can do an awesome job on the twin beds, fitted sheet, top sheet, comforter, and all!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful bed.

What's hard about making that bed? Fitted sheet and blanket only, right? :)