Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Running out of steam

Scowl.


Sharing cotton candy at the 4th of July picnic. We found blue stickiness on them for days.


Wheee! Claire is confused as to why she is unable to steer any direction but forward.

Coloring Daddy's birthday paper. "Are you sure Daddy will appreciate my hard work?"


On the menu: yogurt, hot dogs, oranges, and birthday cake. Better when all mixed together and shoveled into the mouth without utensils.


Unpacking whilst watching over toddlers is tiring. You unpack something and put it in a specific location so that you will know exactly where to look for it later, and then one child comes along and 'puts it away' for you. Days later, you find it, stuffed into a random box or under a bed. Also, there is just So Much To Do that I am at a bit of a loss sometimes. It sure is nice having a blank slate to start from, though, and twice the house to work with!

5 comments:

Katie said...

First of all, when did Claire turn into such a kid? I don't think she should be old enough to be a toddler yet.....but sure enough! I'm just behind.

Secondly....I don't have any idea how you're ever going to get anything done or unpacked unless you just stop sleeping. I feel badly for you!

Elizabeth said...

"We found blue stickiness on them for days." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swistle said...

It is FREAKY that you commented last night, because last night I thought of you out of the blue. I was like, "Hey....I don't think I've seen Skyhawk/Warthog Jen for awhile! Mental note to go find!" And then I came to my computer this morning and there you were!

Andrea and Ben said...

She is so expressive! I love it :0)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Totally understand trying to unpack with little ones. Hope you keep enjoying the space and know that this transition time is temporary. I'm still telling myself that! Hope Tim had a GREAT birthday! Love to all!