Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Nap, interrupted

Grrrrr. I give up. I think I did manage to get 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted sleep over the past hour and a half, but after 3 phone calls waking me up, I am out of bed. Napping whilst trying to sell one's house: challenging.

The first: "Hola! Tu esta...blah blah spanish...Disneyland! blah blah spanish..." Me: click.

The second: "Hello?" "Hey Jen! I thought I'd call from my desk phone and give my cell phone a break. There's gonna be more stuff delivered to the house tomorrow for Heritage Festival....Whatcha doin? Are you napping? I'm sorry...." (Tim calling to chat for a minute since we haven't seen each other awake for more than a few minutes this week.)

The third: "Hi, this is Michelle from blah blah day school and I'm sorry but your child has been injured." Ack! Not that I thought my child had been hurt (both are safely sleeping in their rooms), but that the school called me and not the kid's mom? I hope it was just a mixed up number and that they have the correct one.

So I bought some entryway paint earlier today, but haven't had a chance to start on that project (see above: too damn tired). Hopefully tonight after the kids are asleep I can at least get a coat on the wall. We are having an open house this weekend, so I sort of need to get all my major projects done NOW. No pressure or anything.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

"'Hola! Tu esta...blah blah spanish...Disneyland! blah blah spanish...' Me: click." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was probably our free trip to Disneyland...just give me the names of the seen dwarves in spanish.

Andrea and Ben said...

Mmmm, nap. That sounds good. Geez Tim, you should know better, because it is so typical for Jen to lay around all day, right! :0)

Katie said...

Oh, THAT IS THE WORST. I now turn off every ringer on every phone during naptime and I put a sign on the doorbell saying "Don't ring this bell or I'll kill you."

John gets so annoyed because he can't ever reach me from 1 to 3 p.m. but I don't care!

Jen said...

I used to turn off ringers when I took a nap, but now I can't! It totally sucks! Hopefully we'll sell this house soon and I can start turning them off again.