Friday, October 05, 2007

That cat



Every time it crosses my mind that it wouldn't be so very difficult to give the cat away, he does something to save himself from a life in a new home.

Over the weekend, it was Kate chasing him around the living room, trying to catch him so she could squeeze his jowls and say "chubby cheeks! chubby cheeks!". And she did catch him, and he let her do that to him. It was hysterical, and mind-boggling that he didn't bite her hands off.

Yesterday I got a new spray bottle for Starbuck. He has been naughty enough lately to warrant a new one. I filled it with water so it would be ready when he bit Kate or me again. Kate immediately found this new toy after her nap, and began chasing Starbuck around the living room with it. Again, he exhibited more patience than I sometimes have for her, and just matted down his ears and scowled at her.
Today he let several kids lay on him/pull his tail/hit him with dolls. So, bitey as he can be sometimes, I think he is also smart enough to know when I've reached my boiling point. Lucky him.



5 comments:

Katie said...

That is so hilarious that she's about to carry him around in her "purse!"

Anonymous said...

Just took a close up look at the picture with Kate, Claire & Tempe in it. Gee...........is there any chance those younger two are related??????????

Andrea and Ben said...

That is hysterical!!

Amie said...

Soooo cute! I've been thinking of getting a kitty lately. But, I'm afraid it would just be one foot in the grave toward '50, single and 17 cats'. LOL

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that threatens to, "oops left the front door open - there goes my dogs". I also know that I would miss them terribly. Camille