Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's FALL!!

I woke up this morning to find a chilly house, and a cold kitty whining to come inside. It was 44* in our backyard (and probably all over Tucson)! Fall is here.

Autumn is my favorite favorite season. College football. Brisk mornings and nights that beg for warm drinks such as Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. Good running weather. Leaves, changing from green to gold to orange to red, falling gracefully from the trees. In Seattle, fall meant you had to dress in layers for that Husky game: start out with a t-shirt because the sun would warm you, and bring a thick sweatshirt (or rain slicker) for when the sun dipped below the Olympic mountains and left you shivering. It meant chilly sailing weather, the kind where you came back from racing with numb fingers and a red nose.

My sister got married in October, several years ago, and we got to attend. It was up in the mountains of eastern Arizona, in Greer.


I had never seen such a vibrant shade of yellow. I keep hoping that we'll make it back up to Greer before we leave Arizona, but I'm not sure that will happen. Camping with 2 kids would be a fun trick, huh?


Full sails in Maine.


Yreka, CA.


Claire is cozy in her Ducks outfit.


Kate learns to paint.

Last night Tim and I went to see The Kingdom. It was really good! We rarely go to movies; after paying the babysitter and adding on the dinner tab, it usually costs about $100 for an evening out. A hundred dollars! And it was even a jeans kind of date. But we really liked the movie, and the sushi beforehand was awesome.

Next weekend is a trip to Apple Annie's orchard to find the Great Pumpkin. Until then, bundle up out there! It's nippy.

5 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Weeee, fall! I too love this season and am looking forward to getting out my best warm colored decor!!

Katie said...

YAY! I am glad you got a taste of cooler weather. I love the photos!

Amie said...

It's freezing cold up here too; has been since the last week in Sept. I pulled out the down coat this weekend!

I agree though, I like a change of seasons. :)

Amie said...

Oh, and what is your daughter doing in a Ducks outfit? I thought you were a Husky family through and through!? ;)

Jen said...

I know. My father-in-law. He's a Duck. It's shameful.

Just kidding, dad. Kind of. ;-)