Thursday, June 22, 2006

i think Kate hates JC Penny

For the past several times that we've taken her to JC Penny for her photos, she has pretty much refused to smile. The Picture People? Loves 'em. Curtis Almquist? Loved him. The expensive photographers she seems to love, JC Penny not so much. I guess I can't really blame her - they have sort of dingy props and a dark cramped room that they take photos in. But you can't beat $7.99 for all kinds of photos. Guess we'll just keep the Picture People on our list for a couple of times a year.

Kate turned 9mo yesterday. Nine months! Already! She didn't gain any weight last month, which kind of worried me, until I checked the back of her thighs and reassured myself that she's getting plenty to eat. Last month she was in the 90th percentile for weight, this month she's down to like 70. I think we're doing okay. She might have grown 2 inches over the past month, too. Although I imagine a more likely scenario is that I did a sucky job of measuring her last month. But she's 29" now. Such a big girl!

We haven't done much else lately, except swim, because it's too hot! Monsoon season is close at hand, though, which should cool things down a bit. Then we'll swim in the streets. Kidding...

2 comments:

Katie said...

How much does she weigh? What percentile is she in for height? We need to do more pro pictures. There just isn't anywhere decent up here! And certainly nothing for 7.99...that's cheaper than a roll of film!!!

Jen said...

She is 19/10. Same as last month! I think she's around 70% for height.

Yeah, JC Penny isn't the greatest, but you can't beat the price!