Monday, June 26, 2006

ew, ew, ew, ewwwwwwww

GROSS. I went into Kate's room to pick her up out of her crib this morning from her nap, and this was on her dust ruffle:




In case you can't see the magnitude of this spider, it is the largest spider I have seen outside of a cage, where all spiders should be unless they are dead. How did it get in my house? And how did it get into the baby's room?? Stupid insects. Spiders. ICKY. What good is my cat if she isn't hunting these enormous creatures? I think I would rather have bears roaming around outside than spiders like this in my house.

After my heart attack that preceded the Raid attack this morning (to which Kate was oblivious, thank God), she enjoyed a nice breakfast of oatmeal and Cheerios. She is now eating Cheerios! I pretty much have to feed them to her because she just likes to pick them all up and hold them in her hands, but she likes them.

Hope you're all having a less eventful Monday than I am.

7 comments:

Katie said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! That is so super freaky. I have chills running up and down my spine! Yikes! But, I don't know about the bears comment. Today I went walking out the driveway to get the newspaper and Canyon was just frozen and POINTING at something in the woods. I freaked out and ran inside without getting the paper. Was it a bear? God, I hope not.

Jen said...

It's easy to say that I'd rather have bears, but frankly I would just like to not have anything nasty around. Where do you live to find a place like that?

Katie said...

Ummm....I guess you just have to decide what freaks you out the most. Cockroaches? Don't move to Texas. Maybe L.A. is relatively creepy crawly free. But, there you have earthquakes, smog and a bunch of anorexic wannabe movie stars.

Jen said...

Seattle was pretty good for few nasties. I think I'll stick with the PNW, although then you get fun stuff like molds and now I guess there are even brown recluses.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! I would have died!! I can't stand spiders especially the big ones! Brown recluses are so dangerous!! Have a co-worker here in the office that almost lost his leg because of a brown recluse bite! Yikes! I would have crushed the spider before I thought about grabbing my camera!!! :)

Jen said...

I know, what a dork, huh? Had to take a photo of it first. Well, FIRST I grabbed Kate and took her to the living room and grabbed the camera and the raid. Then after taking a photo, I had to chase it around her CRIB! It was fast and seemed to jump. NASTY. I don't think it was a poisonous one (recluse), but it was huge and disgusting and should not have been in her room!

Heather said...

No you aren't a dork, but I did think it was pretty funny!!! :) The ones that jump at you are the worst! I am not a spider person but I am far better than my husband! Sometimes I think I married a mouse instead of a man!! LOL