Monday, June 19, 2006

almost a whole week?

I thought I just updated y'all, but I guess it's been awhile. Happy Father's Day! We had a pretty good weekend, mostly just relaxing. It's hot here, so the weather has been calling for siestas. I think it's 108 today. Whew.

Kate's been learning new tricks, like eating whole foods, and using her walker to walk. She decided she wasn't content to just crawl everywhere over the weekend, and began pushing her walker around. She was a little unstable at first, but soon got the hang of it.

http://media.putfile.com/running-over-Starbuck-and-crashing

Last week she sat with begging eyes as I ate macaroni and cheese for lunch. So I gave her some. She LOVES it. Now she wants everything I am eating, and will climb up on you if she can so she can steal some of your food. On Sunday she wanted canteloupe.

http://media.putfile.com/canteloupe-is-so-good-Im-going-to-spit-it-out

We spent the morning of Father's Day watching Brasil win some World Cup soccer. She has started to scrunch up her nose and breath out of her nose at the same time, which is a really strange yet cute combination. I'm not sure where she learns these things! I was surprised with the pouts we got when she was newborn, and now this is another Kateism, I guess.

http://media.putfile.com/Kate-cheers-on-Brasil-and-does-the-weird-scrunchy-nose-thing

She got Daddy a nice card, and even signed it with a hand print. She of course wanted to help him open his card, and then she wanted to eat it.


Here Dad, let me help you open your card.

The darling is waking from her afternoon nap, so I'll sign off for now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love how Starbuck sat up on his/her (?) hind legs and batted at the walker thing--and the canteloupe face is priceless. Kate looks more blond than red in the last video! Great videos!

Jen said...

Thanks! Can't wait to see more video from you guys, too. It's such a good way to see kids grow up from afar!