Thursday, October 29, 2009

A pickle

I didn't have any dill slices on hand, so Luke got to taste a sweet pickle instead. Sadly, he didn't make many good faces, but he did look at it with great suspicion.





After it disintegrated, he nearly choked on some of the seeds. He was a good sport, though, and is now regularly begging for what we affectionately refer to as "real" food. As much as he wants to eat whatever you have in your hand (especially if it is paper-based), he is only authorized stage 1 and 2 baby foods at this time. He now has 4 teeth, though, so chunky solids can't be far away. Four teeth. How did this happen?

He is also "rocking". All you mothers of more than one child know what I am talking about here. It's one of the last steps before you lose all sanity and your baby starts CRAWLING. Tim has been encouraging this behavior. Tim is also going TDY next week, so it is likely that Luke will choose the first day Tim is gone to begin scooting around the house.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. As much as I thinhk my baby is growing up too fast, when I read about stages we've just gone through....I think....thank goodness that phase is over. What is up with THAT line of thinking? This post makes me want a nap (of course EVERYTHING makes me want a nap....so...)

Andrea and Ben said...

Cutie! His smile just makes me melt!

Hmmm, maybe the Reid not crawling was a huge blessing ;0)

Elizabeth said...

He is such a cutie. And I think, of all the kids, he looks the most like you.