Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Post-op

I had minor surgery last Wednesday (EVLT, if you must know), from which I am recovering nicely. I was instructed not to breastfeed for 24 hours after the procedure, due to the anesthetic used, and so we fed bottles to the munchkin. This was interesting mostly because we weren't sure how he would take to the bottle (he did fine), and we had no idea how much he was eating (it's a LOT).

Tim had Luke for the first feeding, while I was still in surgery. On the drive home, Tim asked me if it was normal for babies Luke's age to eat 8oz at a sitting. My eyes widened. OMG, seriously? Sure enough, he had at least 3 meals where he consumed 8oz. During what can only be described as "snacks", he ate 4oz. My only question is, shouldn't I weigh approximately 120 pounds right now? With all he's eating, I ought to be super thin. Sadly, it is not so. Also, we are out of reserve breast milk around here. I know, TMI, right?

I did take advantage of the whole "not nursing" thing, and we had pizza for dinner followed by brownie sundaes. Also, cheese for lunch. And cereal for snack. Of course, dairy stays in your system much longer than 24 hours, and Luke is finally getting over the gas caused by my binge. Sorry, baby boy. But man, cheese. Love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're recovering nicely sweetheart. According to Tim this was a much more involved procedure than what I researched on the internet.
As far as the 8oz feedings go........he is just a male member of the family.

Love Mom

Elizabeth said...

I am SO interested in this surgery. Please post details!

Andrea_Ben said...

Yum - dairy!

Katie said...

Yes. I am interested in this surgery as well....is it expensive? Covered by insurance? Worth it? For cosmetic reasons? When can I sign up?

And about the food? Wow. I am amazed! Andrew has never even taken a damn 4 oz bottle!

Also, you are quite the woman for not eating dairy for this long. I am not sure I could do it. Though, you probably couldn't afford to keep that kid in formula.... :)