Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The pro

Luke had his 1 month well-baby check today. He is officially 10 pounds 4 ounces (50-75%), and 22 1/4 inches (75-90%) tall.

I dropped Kate off at school and then Luke and I went to the pediatrician. I, being the veteran mom that I am, opted to carry Luke inside in his car seat, and carry only my diaper bag-sized purse in with me, forgoing the actual diaper bag itself. I had one of his diapers and a bunch of wipes in my purse and figured I was good. Critical error numero uno.

I had to change Luke into a new nappy to weigh him, using up my spare. Then, while we were waiting for the doctor to come to our room, Luke messed his nice clean diaper. I decided I didn't want the kind doctor to open up Luke's diaper to such a mess, so I decided to *clean it up a little* with some of my handy wipes. Critical error number two. While I was attempting to remove baby poo from said diaper, Luke felt the need to relieve himself. He peed all over the paper-covered table and himself. I, of course, was out of wipes by this time, so I had to use some of the paper towels provided for such occurrences. Luckily for me, the doctor didn't arrive until after I had cleaned up my mess, and he graciously offered me one of the office's diapers.

I will be bringing my diaper bag to all future appointments.

4 comments:

Katie said...

ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa. I'm sure it happens all the time, but it must suck to deal with it!

Lucy said...

OMG! That is toooo funny!!! Well, for me the reader at least. Someday when I have children I'll have learned all these great tips from you (the expert!) I so mean that - you have 3 fabulous children!

Jen said...

Awww, thanks, Lucy!

Andrea_Ben said...

I am amazed as a three time mom you bothered to clean the diaper out! Boys. That is all I can say :0)