Friday, May 15, 2009

Leading the curve


Beginning of nap.
Middle of nap.

Luke is rolling over. Not consistently, but still. The first time he did this (2 weeks ago), I missed it. Grandma Cheri told me about it, and I sort of dismissed it, thinking it was a fluke. But it's happened several times since then: put him on his tummy, and there's a good chance he'll push himself over to his back. He's only 6 weeks old. Someone remind me, but isn't it a little early for this sort of thing?

Of course, I'm taking this new skill to mean that it's okay to put him to sleep on his tummy once in awhile. He looooves it. His naps last for hours. I know, bad mommy. But sleep! It's a wonderful thing.

On a completely different note, what would you do about our neighbor situation? My friend Jen, who lives across the street, remembers seeing them last Tuesday, as in about 10 days ago. No one has been to the house since. They left their hungry pit bulls in the backyard, at least one dog inside the house, a TV on upstairs, and...haven't returned. I know people go on vacation, but without making arrangements to feed the beasts in the yard that are likely to eat each other alive if not fed regularly? What about the dog inside the house? We heard it yapping up a storm on Sunday night when we experienced our own episode of CSI:, but Jen banged on their front door yesterday and didn't hear a dog at all. They still have the note from animal control shoved in their front door, so I don't think anyone has been back to the house. There are 2 cars parked in front of their house, and their BBQ and other small furniture are still in the backyard, so I kind of doubt they just moved out. Jen, Tim and I have tossed around the idea that someone came over and knocked 'em off...it is Las Vegas, after all. Also, I may have forgotten to mention the cars they have: we've seen two BMW 5 series M editions (is that even how you say that?) that we're guessing cost at least $80K apiece, and the "owner" of the house has an Escalade. Not that these vehicles weren't purchased with good, clean money, but I'm just sayin'. At what point do you call the police? Also, I may have to make this blog private soon if I keep talking about the people next door, so this will likely be the last post about them. [whispering] No need for a drug cartel hit over here.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You should totally call the police and have them do a welfare check.

joanna said...

I agree with Elizabeth. And that middle of the nap pose is maybe my very favorite position to ever see a baby in. So sweet!

Carrie S said...

Love the pictures of Luke; thanks for sharing!! He's adorable!
I'd call someone, too, on the neighbors - weird. Remember the shape your house was in when you first saw it!

Deborah said...

I let my #4 sleep on his tummy from the get go. With each one of mine I started letting them earlier and earlier. Babies just sleep better on their stomachs!

Katie said...

Andrew has slept on his stomach nonstop from Day 1. I figured if he didn't I would snap from lack of sleep, so it was safer for all of us (great rationale, huh?)

I would DEFINITELY call the police on your neighbors. Definitely. You can stay anonymous, right? I think so....

I LOVE the sleeping baby pose. Totally sweet!

April said...

I would definitely call the police. I think you can make it anonymous so no worries. you aren't ratting anyone out, just looking out for the welfare of your OWN family.

My 2 1/2 year old son still sleeps like that, I LOVE IT.

Andrea_Ben said...

Sweet little sleeping man! Love the pics.