Monday, May 18, 2009

They're home

He's home? I don't even know how many people live next door. Tim has talked to the guy we see most often there; does that count? This post is likely to be the most ambiguous one I have written yet. I have very little concrete information. Are you still reading?

Tim got home on Friday night and called the police. They sent someone from animal control. ?? The guy told Tim that two of the dogs had died (of their injuries? were put down? I'm not sure). He also said that the owner of the dogs knew someone at animal control, so we should expect to see the third dog back sometime. Sure enough, the neighbor(s) arrived home on Saturday evening, toting the remaining pit bull.

Some interesting information: animal control took no pictures of the dogs and their injuries, which I would think they would have done if for no other reason than to cover their butts. Also, both dogs that died were chipped. And no one called their owner about the situation. I can't stand the thought of pit bulls in general/next door, but if something like this had happened to my pets, I would be pissed. What's the point of a microchip if animal control isn't going to call you about things like this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone at animal control knows the guy, so he releases an animal into his care? This sounds like a clear cut case of negligence/abuse. That pisses me off. I wouldn't want a pit bull living next door, I certainly wouldn't want a neglected pit bull living next door, but it's just a poor dog. It doesn't deserve that. I thought animal control was supposed to protect both the public and animals. Doesn't sound like they're doing either.
Niki

April said...

yikes. Lots of drama. Sounds scary. I wouldn't like the pit bulls either, but as you said I wouldn't be too happy if that happened to my pet, pit bull or not. Sounds pretty screwy. I hope things start improving!

Jenny said...

One thing I've learned about chipping is that even if the animal has the chip it doesn't mean that the owner ever went into the system and put their own info in. With the way these guys sound I wonder if they ever cared enough to put their own info on file.

Elizabeth said...

This whole story is SO WEIRD on so many levels.

Andrea_Ben said...

Wierd, wierd, wierd.