Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pretty sure

I'm pretty sure that:

1. The cat is trying to keep up with my weight gain. He is now officially on a diet. Since he's not having kitties or anything, I feel this is justified.

2. The Christmas tree is dead. There is a large pile of evidence below it every day to support my claim.
3. I need to purchase a gingerbread house kit next year for architectural and aesthetic purposes. This year's houses at least have better 'glue': royal icing. I'm also fairly certain I did most of the decorating again this year. The girls held up their end of the bargain by eating as much candy as humanly possible in the amount of time given.

Claire, who's house is pictured on the left, tried to replicate our Tucson house, a la the 1960s mostly-flat roof style. Kate went for the more traditional peaked-roof version of gingerbread houses.

4 comments:

Carrie S said...

You amaze me! The kids wanted to do gingerbread houses, but we never got around to it. I kept looking at those kits, but they seemed so expensive. Maybe next year!

Deborah said...

I LOVE the gingerbread houses! That's something I've wanted to do but haven't ever gotten around to it. Maybe next year... Great job! And Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Claire is channeling the Flintstones! Cute.
Max and Q are on diets, as well. Q reached 18 lbs, I think that's about 2 kitties worth of kitty - she's the only cat I've ever seen with a double chin!
Niki

Elizabeth said...

Your countertops are AMAZING.

I don't really understand how one makes a gingerbread house without a kit? Is that lame?