Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Conversations with Claire

Yesterday, Claire woke up before Kate from their afternoon nap. I walked into her room to pick her up out of her crib.

Claire: [Big smile.] "Hiiiiiii, Mommeeeeee!"

Me: "Hi, Claire! Did you have a good nap?"

Claire: [Vigorous nodding; pigtails askew.] "Yesssss!"

Me: "Good. Let's check your diaper."

Claire: "Otay, Mommy. Pee pee."

Me: "Oh, did you pee pee? Did you poo?" [My apologies...]

Claire: "No, Mommy, no poo."

Me: "Okay. Do you want a snack?"

Claire [Big grin.] "Yessssss. Jewsh?"

Me: "Yes, you can have some juice. Do you want some toast?"

Claire: [Pondering.] "No."

Me: "Do you want some crackers?"

Claire: [Shakes head while looking me in the eyes.] "No."

Me: "Do you want some Cheetos?"

Claire: [Eyes big; nods.] "Yesssss! Cheetos! Cheetos! Jewsh!"

Me: "You want Cheetos and juice?"

Claire: "Otay, Mommy."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheetos and Jewsh... I want a Claire picture. Pwees, Mommy.
Niki

Katie said...

I can't believe she is talking so much! I can't keep up with all these growing kids! Adorable. (Oh, and I want some cheetos too.)

Anonymous said...

I can just picture this conversation and it brings a big smile to my face. I miss you all.
Love, Mom

Elizabeth said...

Claire and Santi could totally be BFFs. Because of the cheetos that is, not because of her freakishly advanced intellectual and verbal capabilities.

Andrea and Ben said...

Cheetos and juice, what a combo! I am impressed by her verbal skills, seriously!

Anonymous said...

Claire and I could snack together any time. Thanks for sharing these awesome moments that pass so fast.