Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cheeeeeeeese!

The girls are feeling a bit under the weather today, so with them in bed and Jen out shopping I had to stop and share a few more pics with you. On our trip to Oregon Kate loved the Clifford Book that Grandma and Grandpa had. On one page Cliffords Mom was checking his teeth, and Kate loved to imitate that - flashing her teeth in a way she would not do when faced with either a camera or a toothbrush. Well, one day we were playing peek-a-boo at the dinner table and Jen actually caught her "Cheesy Smile".

Kate was awake at the normal time this morning. These days she likes to get up in the morning but hates to change out of her pajamas. She will scream for her pajama pants as if she developed a relationship with them while she was sleeping. This morning, while recovering with Dad from the catastrophe of having to wear clothes she decided that we needed to have pancakes for breakfast.



I've started letting her help cook. She scoops the coffee and the pancake mix and helps to stir things sometimes. The kid likes pancakes (what kid doesn't I guess) mostly for the stuff you put on top. So as the table is being set you hear "Jam...yay!" and "Dip...yay!" (dip is syrup of course)


She also likes using everyone's silverware but her own, as I realized when I picked up my sugar encrusted fork.


After breakfast we retired to the living room where Claire entertained us on her musical piano. She in on the verge of walking and crawling all at the same time, like her sister. We finally got some video of her standing up on her own.





Oh, and one more for the "Guess Who" line... although this one is easy.






8 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I love the cheesy grin! Your girls are so darn cute. Tim, is that you in that picture??

Anonymous said...

Nice post Tim! I would say that picture is Jen???? :) Such cute kids!!!

Heather

Katie said...

Based on the 1970s color fading and clothing/hair styles and the fact that it appears to be a cute girl, I'm going to say Jen!

I love the little details of life with kids. These are the things you'll be so happy you wrote down! Cute cute girls!

Anonymous said...

Tim,I so enjoy it when you take the time to share, too. It's so fun to hear from your life as "Dad". Your parents must have done a lot of things right for you and James to be so good at the Dad thing!! We love and miss you guys! And, I had no idea Kate looked so much like her Mommy as a child - thank for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Jen was a BLONDE!!!!!??? I never would have guessed! Or is that just Time pre-surgery?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing once again. I MISS you all soooooooooooo much. I love the picture of Kate & her cheesy smile (and big girl cooking!!)and Claire is getting so grown up. The picture of Jen is awesome and the only thing better right now would be having a similar one taken of Kate and either double exposing to have them both in the same pic or putting them in a side-by-side frame. Tim, it's also wonderful when you blog. Jen is so good at this but it's nice to have dad join in once in a while. Dad's certainly have a different perspective and I'm glad you are there to help Kate "recover" from her traumas:-)
Love Always,
MOM

Amie said...

I was going to say that Kate looks so much the amalgamation of both of you, but seeing that picture of Jen -- Kate is your spitting image! WOW!

So freakin adorable you're family is. :) Hmmm... attraction isn't THAT important in a relationship riiight? I went out with a pretty unattractive guy a couple of weeks ago.... he was nice... arrrggghhhh

Jen said...

Nice is important in a relationship. Even better is nice + helps out a lot with the kids. I'm finding that that is HUGE. =)