Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independent Spice rolls over

McLaren rolled over for the first time today! I know she is 5mo, but she's big, and Kate was the same way: slow to roll over, quick to walk. I'm sort of hoping Claire is not as quick to walk as Kate was. But Claire was on her back this morning, sticking her feet up in the air and rolling from side to side. Side to side, side to side. Then, out of nowhere, she rolled over all the way to her tummy. She was very proud of herself for about a minute, and then she got frustrated when she couldn't roll back over.

Her other favorite things to do lately include pushing away from you when you're holding her (I don't need to hold on to you, Mom), and also letting go of your fingers when she is standing up.

She tried pears the other day, and they did not agree with her, either. I'm not sure if it's fruits and vegetables, or if it's cereal, but I think we're going to pause the whole solid food thing for a few weeks. She is very good-natured through the vomiting incidents, but it's sort of a mess to clean up. ;-)

On another note, it is HOT here. I absolutely did not think that I would say that on this trip. I mean, we live in Tucson, land of triple digits. But it's been in the mid- to upper-90s here since we arrived, and there is no Air Conditioning. Also, there Is Humidity. About 50-60% of it. The kids are doing great through it; it's just me who is whiny. Go figure.

Time to let Claire have a nap. I'll try to post a bit about our journey up here in the next couple of days. Until then, photos of my girls:




A trip to Silverton park.



McLaren and Great-Grandma Irene.

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Go Go gadget Maclaren!! Very exciting!
Man, bummer about the heat and humidity. It is all because the last thing we talked about was how you were going to freeze :0)
The monsoons started tonight....yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Miss and love you all! So jealous for me to see your daughter in the arms of great-grandma, but thrilled for you. Sorry about the heat! It's been hot here, too, but we do still have air conditioning. Don't worry, it's Oregon, if you wait 5 minutes, or so, the weather SHOULD change! Talk to you soon!

Katie said...

Cute Cute Cute! The humidity is SUCKY! Yuck. I would be whining every second too!