Monday, April 27, 2009

Random thoughts

Do you know that all the best foods out there have dairy in them? Mexican food: cheese, SOUR CREAM. Italian food: cheese, cheese, cheese. Sandwiches: better with cheese. Then there's ice cream. Even sherbert has milk in it. Ugh.

I took a 2-hour nap today and woke up feeling like I'd slept half the night. That's probably because a 2-hour nap is half my night's sleep.

I'm pretty sure I should buy stock in Huggies.

Tim is on nights this week. Even with a 1:1 ratio of adults to children (Tim's parents are both here), there was still a lot of craziness and tears. I am fairly certain I will be joining in the tears the next time Tim is on nights and I am alone with all the children. *shudder*

We have hired a cleaning lady. This is possibly the best decision we have ever made.

I ran approximately 1/2 mile today. I am already questioning this action. I don't know if I will be able to walk up the stairs tomorrow.

I haven't been peed on in a few days. I am getting faster at jumping out of the way.

People have been sending us awesome gifts. I have not started writing notes to thank them. If you are one of these people, know that I am grateful, and that you should receive a note before summer is officially here.

I would post a picture of Luke, but am too lazy to find the camera or download the new photos. Soon. Really. Keep checking back.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I understand the photo problem. Just hang in there. It gets easier!!!! The sleeping (or not sleeping, actually) makes everything seem so much harder than it has to be. I can't believe you're running already though...you are ON CRACK, woman!!

Carrie S said...

I am soooo NOT looking forward to the no dairy lifestyle! Thanks for the reminder! And, you're running already! You're superwoman!

Andrea_Ben said...

Yay to not getting peed on. What is up with no dairy?

Carrie S said...

Okay, after leaving the last post I was thinking some more and I also have to say that you must have the most amazing sports bras EVER if you're already running when you have a 3 1/2 week old that you're nursing!

Carrie S said...

Okay one more PS and blame it on my pregnant brain for not being able to get all my thoughts in one post, but can I request a cleaning lady for a month or two after the baby comes! That would be the most amazing gift ever! So happy for you!

Elizabeth said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! A half mile already! Yay!

(And the cleaning woman. Awesome. Yay!)

I had forgotten about your kids' issues with dairy. That makes me so sad. For what it's worth, since Catherine's milk allergy stuff, we've found that coconut milk can be substituted pretty seamlessly into a lot of recipes requiring milk.

Wishing you LOTS of naps. (And chances to run! Which gives more energy than naps!)