Saturday, April 11, 2009

I totally forgot



::: the way babies squeak

::: that a series of short naps does not in any way constitute a full- or half-night's sleep

::: how incredibly soft a newborn's skin is

::: my love of all things dairy and how much I miss them the first few months (my babies are intolerant of me eating dairy for the first 3-4 months)

::: how much my back would hurt the first few weeks after having a baby

::: that my babies sound like horses whinnying at times

::: about the power of a hot shower to rejuvenate the body and soul

::: how irrational one can be at 6am after having been awake for 2 hours and having gotten only 3 hours of sleep throughout the night

::: that I can out-eat my husband at every meal as a nursing mom

::: how nice it is to be able to bend at the waist, and to pick something up off the floor without extreme awkwardness

::: what my toes look like

::: how much I enjoy sleeping on my back

::: that sleeping with a newborn on your chest is heaven

::: the satisfaction of losing about a pound a day for a period of time

::: how tiny a newborn is, and how perfect they are, especially their ears, lips, fingers and toes

::: the incredible healing effects of Tim's help and support

::: how difficult the first few weeks of nursing are

::: the emotional roller coaster that takes me for a ride almost daily

::: how strong love can be in such a short time of knowing a person

6 comments:

Katie said...

Awwww......

Funny because I was dreading having Andrew outgrow the newborn phase, but thinking back? That phase is SO hard. The not sleeping is just nature's cruelest joke!

I can't believe you can't eat dairy. How HARD that must be. Good for you for sticking it out and doing it though!

He is a little doll. I wish I could hold him!

Deborah said...

So true! You have the best blog ideas. :) Congrats again!

Elizabeth said...

He is so perfectly snuggly. And the very hungry caterpillar! So cute!

Hang in there.

Carrie S said...

I can't wait to join you in all these things! Except the dairy one - my babies do that, too, and I hate that part! Hope you're enjoying having family there to help and will enjoy when more come to take their place. Wish we were closer and could come and visit and cuddle, too! Love you all!

Colleen said...

He is SOOO cute and cuddly! Don't blink - this time will be over so quickly...

Andrea and Ben said...

This post is enough to give someone baby fever!