Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things. Let's start a list, shall we?


  1. Tim is home, and ought to be home for the entire holiday season!
  2. The new baby seems to be healthy, and is certainly kicking a lot.
  3. Kate and Claire play so well together, with occasional bouts of the "it's mine!"s and the "waaaaah!"s.
  4. It's raining right now! With a good chance of thunderstorms later!
  5. Naps.
  6. I'm mostly done with the carrot souffle, half-done with the sage stuffing with cornbread, the turkey is really easy to make, the cranberry sauce (to which I add orange peel and freshly squeezed orange juice) will simmer on the stove today and make the whole house smell like Thanksgiving heaven, and friends are bringing dessert and other tasty dishes.
  7. We get to ride the Polar Express again this year.
  8. My sister had her baby! Her name is Lucille (Lucy) Grace, and she looks just like my sister.
  9. Tim has a great job, and I'm able to stay home with the girls.
  10. Tim's parents will be here for a short visit right before Christmas.
  11. I am meeting more people here every week, and am starting to find a network of friends.
  12. I checked on Claire last night before going to bed. She had removed her footed jammies and her diaper, had thrown everything out of the crib, and was lying naked (naked!) on her tummy, with her arms under her for warmth. Her butt was cold. It was so cute. And I am so glad she didn't sleep like that all night. I hope. I haven't checked on her yet this morning.
  13. Coffee.
  14. Kate is young enough that she likely won't remember this Christmas, the one when she didn't get the 3 (her new number) jeeps she asked Santa for.
  15. It's 7:30am and the children are still in bed!

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send my congratulations to Jess! And, Happy Birthday!
I'm thankful for:
1. my family and friends
2. the health of myself, family, and friends
3. choices/options/opportunities, so many people have less opportunity and sense of place
4. Carrie's GRAND CANYON PERMIT and my dirt bag boating buddies
5. boats - all boats, and the water that floats them
6. friends with kids that I can watch grow up
Niki

Elizabeth said...

Wow! What a great idea and such an interesting list! Did you wake up Claire to dress her? Have you actually tried that carrot souffle recipe before?

Jen said...

Elizabeth, yes and yes. There was no way I could let her sleep all night with no diaper! And the carrot souffle recipe is now a staple at Thanksgiving. It is SO good.

Katie said...

Wonderful list! That is hilarious about Claire sleeping naked. She sounds like a ball of energy!

I am thankful that the fridge is full of yummy leftovers and I dont' have to cook for a while....

Andrea and Ben said...

yay for Jess!

I must try that carrot souffle, yum!