Saturday, November 08, 2008

The great pants feud

Claire and I have been having a major disagreement lately: she vehemently declares her unwillingness to wear pants, and I disagree. Of course, I win, but it's a struggle every morning and every night (she is also opposed to pajama bottoms, as these could be construed as pantaloons). I remember when Kate was about this age and she became extremely, and possibly inappropriately, attached to her pajamas. This is somehow different, but has similar undercurrents. I just hope it's not some sort of obsessive-compulsive behavior showing itself in the toddler years.


I'm not sure if she realized I meant EVER when I told her no more pens after this incident.

On an entirely different subject, I have promised myself no Twilight series books today. I am getting NOTHING done. A glimpse into how serious my addiction is: I read New Moon in two days. It is 563 pages. I know. I have a serious problem. In my defense, I had already read the first chapter, which must have been at least 85 65 55? okay, maybe 30 pages, the night before, since it was printed at the end of the first book. After staying up until midnight the night before, I took the kids to the gym and read while I exercised on the elliptical machine for....a little while. Then I sat on one of the comfy chairs (after checking to see that the kids were happy playing in their pre-school room, of course!) for....a little while and read....a little more of my book. Hence the finishing in two days bit. I am hoping to make it until Monday before opening the precious third book. But I'm also trying to plan this whole thing out. I mean, I don't want to still be reading this series when Tim gets home, so really, I ought to be reading as much as possible over the next couple of weeks so I can finish before then, right?

Oh! And I have felt the baby move! Just sort of little stirrings, sort of like flutters, but it's very fun! I can't believe that when Tim returns, I will be almost halfway through the pregnancy.

5 comments:

joanna said...

Both my girls refused pants for awhile. Holly held out much longer than Julia did. Until recently she owned 0 pants. Now she is beginning to prefer the pants (so she can climb the monkey bars and no one sees her panties). I kind of miss the sweet dresses. I love when I love a book enough to let everything else fall apart while I read!

Katie said...

Oh man....i HATE getting Becca dressed. It is the worst part of my day, every day. I am hoping Andrew won't be such a prima donna!

I have heard those books are awesome. I might have to start them!

Jen said...

I should clarify on the pants issue: it's not just pants and shorts. It's dresses and bloomers as well. If the girl has to put anything on over her diaper, there will be hysterics.

Anonymous said...

Is she still blue? Hee hee.
Niki

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love the first baby movements. I actually remember where I was the first time I felt all 4 of them! How fun!
Guess I've been blessed as I've had no pants or bottoms issues with the kids!
And, I'm so jealous that you seem to find so much time to read. I can hardly remember the last time I read anything for pleasure and I don't see time opening up any time soon. I so need to get into the basement to work-out, too, thanks for the reminder, but today I'm sick (actual cold on top of morning sickness) so I have an excuse to continue to put it off for a while!