Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random

Kate looked at my hair this afternoon and told me, "Mom, your hair looks like a spider web." Gee... thanks? And I seriously thought my hair looked pretty cute today.

If you have called or emailed me in the past two weeks, and I have been slow to respond, it may or may not have been due to the fact that I read 2,469 pages in the course of approximately 16 days. Not that I was obsessed or anything.

The expression that most makes me smile at Claire right now is: "I want all done, Mommy." Then she waits (somewhat) patiently for you to wash her hands so she can get down from the table. Oh, and her use of the phrase, "no, thanks". As in, "Claire, if you want Halloween candy after dinner, you have to eat your corn." Her reply? A coy, "No, tanks, Mommy. I want Haween candy."

Kate told me the other day that she wants two (2!) of those cool ride-in Jeeps for Christmas. You know, so she can trade off. But probably not share.

From today's ultrasound, which was likely the longest look I've ever had at a baby in utero (15-20 minutes). All looks 'normal'. I know they can't say 'good', but 20 minutes of 'normal' makes you start to wonder if even they get tired of that term. According to the doctor, the baby weighs about 10 ounces and is measuring slightly big for the due date. But this is also 'normal'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Jr III is very cute! I wouldn't worry about the spider web comment. I remember, in the second grade, telling Tina Case that her hair looked just like a witch's. I thought this was a TREMENDOUS compliment - she had long, black hair, just like a witch. How COOL! (I had a boring blonde bob). Tina Case, the coolest girl at Fairview Elementary, stopped speaking to me.

Kate probably thinks spider webs are beautiful.

Niki

Jen said...

Nik - I edited your comment...had to remove the last name. Thanks for thinking the baby is cute! I think so, too. HAHAHA about Tina. I am the same way - totally sticking my foot in my mouth trying to compliment people. Kate clearly got this trait from me.

Katie said...

I love that ultrasound photo! That baby is already so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, Jen! I love the ultrasound picture. I'm stating for the record that I think he's a boy.

So are you completely done with the series? Did you see the movie yet?

Jen said...

I am done with the series. I have not yet seen the movie, but I have hopes for this weekend!