Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Update



We had a busy weekend. We spent Saturday getting ready to have a few people over for games, cocktails and dessert, and since it was a Christmas party I wanted to have Christmas decorations up. We strapped Kate in the car and drove to a tree place that was advertising trees from Oregon. I think most of the trees here in Tucson come from Oregon, so we probably could have gone to Home Depot and saved $20, but the people at this one place were nice and they gave us a military discount. Kate loved wandering through the forest of trees and exploring the lot. She found a string of lights attached to a pole on the tent and stared at it for a long time. She loves Christmas lights! We drove home, put Kate down for a nap, and began decorating. We opted to leave all nice/antique/glass decorations above Kate-level, and so far we haven't had any problems. We'll see how long this lasts.

When Kate woke up, she wanted to help us clean up the house, so she grabbed the duster and started on the tree.



Right before people began showing up, Kate played a round of hide and seek with Tim under the table.


Where's Kate?




There she is!

On Sunday we went to base to see Santa taxi in on an A-10. Kate watched, fascinated, as the plane rolled up and came to a stop. She thought Santa was great, until she had to sit on his lap.


Mommy, I don't like this Santa man!


Last night I had Tim take a photo of me (just for you, Carrie!) and my 'basketball'. He thinks it looks like there really is a basketball under my shirt. I told him it feels more like an oversized beach ball.



33 weeks.

Oh, and Jess found out that they are having a girl! She also had her due date revised to 2 weeks later - early May. She seems fine with this. Me, I would not be pleased to hear that!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Absoluely ADORABLE photos! Jen, you look great-all belly!! Kate is totally precious (she could totally be a child model). The Santa picture is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You look FABULOUS!!! I can only hope I look as good as you do at 33 weeks!!! You are all baby!! Cute pictures. I promise I will update my blog soon, I have been having some problems getting logged into my own blog. Ugghh!!! Merry Christmas!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

You look great! It looks like a SMALL basketball, far from an "oversized beach ball". And, you look like all of baby is just in your cute, round little tummy. I seem to have spread it out into my butt, thighs, arms, etc! By the way, Jess is having a girl?? Is your sister pregnant? Miss ya!

Andrea and Ben said...

You look so cute! Kate seems like a doll and I am anxious to actually meet her, I am hoping for a scowl :0)

Jen said...

Y'all are so sweet. =) I should have waited until later this week to take a photo of myself - I lost 2 pounds when I was sick. That can't be good...

Andrea, we'll see about the scowl. I haven't seen one from her in months. Maybe you'll have some luck! ;-)