Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Nope, No Snow

Bummer. I was so hoping to wake up this morning to a light dusting of the white stuff. No such luck. But it was only 20* when I got up at 5:30, and even now it's like 45*. Mt Lemmon has snow, which I can see from my kitchen window - very cool. But Holy Mother of GOD it's still cold out there, with the wind whipping up a bit!

I think I am doomed to early mornings again. Last summer when I was pregnant with Kate, I woke up nearly every morning by about 4:30-5am and couldn't get back to sleep. Tim had to be in early this morning, and I couldn't fall back to sleep after he left, so I got up and puttered around the house. It's kind of nice at that time of day; no toddler pulling ornaments off the tree, no cat walking underfoot trying to kill me; just dark skies and a nice fire. Now it's noon and I need a nap.

I had my 34 week OB appointment today, and my doctor doesn't think I'm in danger of going into labor soon. Or, if he does think so, he's out of town for at least a week, so it's no harm to him if I do. He thinks I was just having trouble breathing yesterday because of the Braxton-Hicks contractions. Okay, I'll go with that. He did say that the baby had dropped, though, and she is head-down. So, my prediction is that I'll have her around 37 weeks, just like happened with Kate. Gawd, that's only 3 weeks from now. But! That means only 3 more weeks of heartburn! That sounds heavenly right about now.

Before I sign off, I must leave a note regarding the number of returned Christmas cards I have received in the past few weeks. People. If you're going to move, send out your new address. It's so much easier for you to receive mail that way.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love change of address cards. I always send them out and then, a few months later I get about 10 million emails from people asking for my new address....and I'm like "I SENT YOU A NICE PRINTED CARD WITH THAT INFO!" Ahem. Anyway....

I hope that baby holds off for a while longer so you can get through the holidays without giving birth! I hope you can eat without too much heartburn and sleep as well--because you know you won't be getting much in a few weeks!

Jen said...

I know! What kills me is that the people who's cards are coming back are not military! They are civilian, and some are family. Argh.

Anonymous said...

As determined as you are this baby girl is coming early, James is ready to take bets that she'll be two weeks late. Can't wait to see pictures and so wish we could see you in person! You're missed!