Wednesday, November 01, 2006

trick or treat!

Earlier in the day...
Static!

Kate helps carve the pumpkin

The Autumn Fairy Princess shrieked and madly waved her wand as we walked down the driveway last night to go trick-or-treating. What fun! I'm out after dark! Couldn't get any of those photos, seeing that it was dark outside and I was the only adult.


Whose idea was it to put glitter all over a toddler's costume? And why did I think that it was a good idea to purchase an outfit that had so much of it? Dumb. There is now red glitter all over our house, and I'm sure Kate will have glitter stuck to her body for the next week.

We only made it to one house for treats. We were going to go to 3, but one family went to another neighborhood for the night to spend time with friends. I told them that this reduced my trick-or-treating route by 33% but they left anyway. But then our other neighbors across the street, they didn't have their lights on! So we only went to our neighbor's to the west. They had us inside for a bit, but then when I put Kate down she started crying, so we didn't stay long. She did like looking at their dog Maggie through the screen, though. And Mama even let her try some Nerds, so it was a good night.

8 comments:

Erin said...

HI! I followed your link to your blog from The Yap blog. Just wanted to say that the static photo is hilarious. We had a similar Halloween night. Had a grand total of THREE houses to visit and got around to TWO. Then our little Buzz Lightyear fell asleep and we ate his candy.

Anonymous said...

Even with her bumps on her head, she still looked like a princess!

Jen said...

Erin, at least you got some candy! Kate got a book from our neighbor, which was actually really nice, especially since we now have a whole bucket of candy left over from our bin. I think we only had 3 trick-or-treaters.

Thanks, Dana! She'll always be my princess.

Andrea and Ben said...

Haha!! I love the static picture, that is classic. Hope the weather holds out for a few more days :0)

Jen said...

Hon, the weather here almost *always* holds out. ;-)

Katie said...

I love that costume. Where ever did you get it? Glitter is GREAT...what's wrong with that? Its better than dog hair. Trust me on that one.

Jen said...

Tar-jay, baby. It is cute, just hate the glitter everywhere.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see some other amazing static pictures like I used to take of Mykenzie! You should see some of the ones I can get with her hair now! Kate looked very cute in her costume.