Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tapping ballet class

Kate just informed me that some of the disciples ("you know, the ones in the Bible, mom") got all dried out and they didn't have any lotion. Did you know that? Me, either.

Yesterday morning, we started a new class. It's actually a tap and ballet class, but Kate calls it the tapping ballet class. "Mom, I love balleting." Claire skipped the ballet part of class, either due to a lack of extra large footwear (can you see how her tap shoes are about a size too big?), or initial shyness. Once Kate came out and put her tap shoes on, however, Claire was suddenly excited to join the class. Also, once they were together, I noticed the annoyance level of the teacher spike dramatically. Sadly, I do not have photographic evidence to show you, but let's just say there wasn't a lot of dancing going on, and that I think Claire was asked to leave the class when the kids started the creative ribbon dance instructional section.

A blur of tap shoes. Notice the extra blurriness of Kate's and Claire's excited feet.


Pink, pink, pink.




Later in the day, Luke had his first ride in the cozy coupe, during which he fell out and hit his head on the concrete approximately 2 times.

3 comments:

Carrie S said...

Luke looks so old! You'll have to post some video of the dance class. The girls look adorable. Miss you all.

Elizabeth said...

This whole post was hilarious to me. HA HA! You have the crazy ones, too!

Don't just want to get to the bottom of things when children mix up disciples and lotion? Like what did they actually hear? Catherine has been learning about space (the outer kind) and she told me a confusing story about the origins and role of the moon. Was there a poem? Folklore? A fundamental misunderstanding? Hoping it wasn't the Texas science books.

BTW, I finally just now sent you your baby gift that I have been meaning to send for, oh, 10 months now. Slacker much?

Andrea and Ben said...

I don't know why, but Claire cracks me up!! She seems like she will have a great sense of humor as an adult :-)