Monday, January 18, 2010

What is it about weekdays?

Specifically, how do my children know when it is a Monday, Wednesday, or a Friday? Every other day of the week, they wake up by 7am. Sometimes they are crying, sometimes they are wet, sometimes they just want to play Really Loudly together. Usually they wake their sibling(s) up, if everyone is not already stirring.

But on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, they like to sleep in. Because somehow they KNOW that it's a school day and that I am going to be frantic trying to get them out the door and into the car in a vain attempt to be on time. Today was no exception: I woke up at 7am, listening for jabbering or crying or general fussiness, and heard silence. I rolled over and went back to sleep. At 7:30, I heard Luke talking, so I got up to check on him. He was happily playing with his elephant. He smiled when he saw me. At 7:40, I heard Kate (who was sleeping in the downstairs den due to disobedience last night) wake up. We three ate breakfast together. At nearly 9:00am(!!), Claire came downstairs.

I fooled them today. It's a holiday. Sleep in all you want, my darlings!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I hate you.

The end.

(Not really. But god....to stay in bed until 7 would seriously make my whole life.)

(also, what time do they go to bed and do they nap?)

Jen said...

I know. It really is nice. And it's horrible awful terrible when they wake up earlier than that, because I'm spoiled.

The girls go to bed at about 8, but are usually not asleep until at least 8:30. Claire naps everyday for 1-1.5 hours, and Kate naps once a week or so.

Elizabeth said...

Yay for MLK!

What does Kate do during naptime? Sing too loudly in her room? Projection, much?