Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hey, it's only July 9th

And here are my 4th of July pictures! It's been a full week. Tim had a long weekend to celebrate Independence Day, and we were busy almost the whole time. We invited friends over on Friday night, as they are ready to PCS. The kids swam and swam and ate and swam and lit fireworks and cried and covered their ears. Then they slept.

Saturday was a party at another family's house. The kids were up until 11pm that night...and crabby. Kate tried her first sparkler, and just as I was telling her not to touch the end of it (it had just burned out), she started crying. She had already grabbed it. I did the same thing when I was little, which is why I knew to tell her not to touch it, but I got to her too late. She is fine - just small white burns on three of her fingers.

On Sunday, we went to Max's birthday party at the gymnastics gym (is that redundant?), and they ran and jumped and ate cake. They slept pretty hard that night, too. We took Tim to the airport on Monday morning so he could go to "fanistan", according to Kate. We've been keeping pretty busy since then, so they are holding up fairly well.


Bandages.

Three months old: 25" and 16.5 pounds. WOW. Someone's been eating well.


The kitty is ready for fireworks.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no! He's in fanistan? And you are sounding so calm. I'm amazed. It seems you are holding it all together!

Elizabeth said...

I hate fanistan deployments. I am so sorry you are by yourself. I wish I could come over and hang out with you!

And that last picture might be my favorite Claire picture ever.