Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Vampire Game

We walked to the train park after dinner tonight, in spite of the fact that it was already twilight. The girls ran almost all the way there (probably between 1/4-1/2 mile). Then, I watched them play for about 10 minutes before noticing that 1.) it was nearly completely dark, and 2.) there was a lightning storm heading our way. This freaked Claire out and she ran/cried most of the way home. "I don't want to get hit by lightning!"

Then when we hit the tunnel, Kate decided we should play The Vampire Game. [For those keeping score, I am completely unaware that there is a Vampire Game, and how one would play it. Mention of this new activity does have me curious about what sorts of things the kids do at recess, however.] "Mommy, you're the vampire!" I smiled a coy Bella smile and said okay. Then she ran "super fast" and said, "You can't catch me! You can't catch me!" Then I told her that vampires were even faster than she was and suddenly that was the end of that game. Shortly thereafter she asked me if there were vampires in Nevada, and she seemed relieved when I said vampires did not exist. Mwahhhahhhahhh.

2 comments:

Katie said...

God! I'm scared now!!!

Becca has mentioned vampires recently too and I have NEVER EVER mentioned that word to her. Weird.

Elizabeth said...

Did you also mention how cooooollllldddddd vampires are? And how they sparkle? Coy Bella smile. HAH!

It's great that your kids are picking up such imaginative play from other kids at school. Mine just pick up potty words and new insults.