Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Wizard of Oz

Tim is reading The Wizard of Oz to the girls. They love it. I love that they love it. I grew up reading all the books and loving them (except I don't think I ever read the first one, relying instead on the movie, which is very different than the book). I think Tim was skeptical of my love of these books. But now I believe he is as excited to read to them as they are to hear the story. I think he may be slightly disappointed when I sneak in a chapter to them, so that he doesn't get to read it.


Ready to BBQ.

Making bread with Grandma.


Enjoying her gooey hands.


Taking a walk with Grandma.


They love shoulder rides.

Tim's parents visited last week from Oregon. We had a great time with them, swimming, making bread, and taking walks in the amazingly cool spring weather. On Friday we leave for Tucson to visit my sister and her family for Tempie's 3rd birthday. This year, May is for family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they wearing the emerald glasses?
Niki

Jen said...

Not yet - I think they have to get to the Emerald City first. Did you get the book for them? I can't remember where we got it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw it, and the illustrations were beautiful and knew how much you loved those books, and decided your girls needed it. I'm glad to see you're all enjoying it!

Elizabeth said...

Just ordered it! I hope Catherine is old enough for it. I tried to read her Winn Dixie a couple months ago, but she just wasn't ready for longer books yet.