Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas photo FAIL

Last night we went to a Christmas village with more lights than I can ever remember seeing at a Christmas display of this sort. It was military appreciation night, so not only did we get in for free, but we also got to experience the festivities without half of Las Vegas elbowing their way through the forest - the night was only for military cardholders. We froze (it was in the 50s), but were thankful for the dry weather, and for the fact that although we couldn't feel our fingers, we couldn't actually see our breath. The girls LOVED it.

One of my goals was to get a picture worthy of our 2009 Christmas card. Total failure.

Where's Luke?


Merry Christmas from the Red Eye family! No amount of photo editing can get Luke's eyes to turn an actual color. Glowing white is nice, no?

Lost Luke again.



Kate and her beloved hot chocolate. "It's also called cocoa, Mom."


Tim with "spirit hands". Yes, that's a princess coach adorned with lights. They had everything there.

Ornaments!


My favorite display.


The girls really "got into" the decorations.


I cannot remember the last time Luke fell asleep on someone. He was just adorable. And such a good sport.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I kinda like the one with Luke's glowing eyes and the girls looking a bit devious. :)
Niki

Swistle said...

You know what I wish would come into style is holiday card ALBUMS: this whole SET would make such a great card!

Katie said...

What about a collage card? You could pick your favorite of each kid and the family through the year and then turn them all black and white and put onto a card collage!?

That place looked really cool!

Carrie S said...

Love the collage idea. The place looks awesome. My kids would love it! I also love sleeping babies on my chest and they stop doing that way too soon! We're still trying for a card worthy photo, too. I may opt for the collage idea!

Elizabeth said...

HAH! Sometimes the bad pictures are better, in a weird way. This place is SO COOL! Where is it? Love the sleeping Luke picture.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.