Sunday, February 15, 2009

Anti-nesting phase

Has anyone else gone through something like this during their pregnancies? I don't feel like doing anything, even though I have so many things to do before the baby is born that I could be busy every minute of the day for the next 60 days until I'm due. Maybe I am just overwhelmed. I have a tendency to get that way when the house is a disaster, which it most certainly is. I'm still not entirely unpacked from our vacation, and we've been home for 6 days... Must snap out of funk asap. The dishes and laundry are piling up and more projects are going onto my list than coming off of it. Okay, done whining. HAHAHAHA!

Kate's first day of school last week. Note how cute she looks in her navy and white color-coordinating outfit, which are two of the colors that the kids are allowed to wear. Except they can't wear polka dots. Or shirts without collars. And apparently a teacher also commented in a non-favorable way about her shoes, which I am choosing to ignore. And I bought this outfit specifically for her to wear to school! Argh.

We went to breakfast for Valentine's Day. The Original Pancake House. YUM. It was totally not romantic, and most of our time was spent corralling the children and telling them not to touch things, or wander off with strangers, and to please stop coloring on the silverware, but it was fun anyway.

Afterwards, we went to Home Depot. Claire thoroughly enjoyed the flower section. And the puddles.


This van keeps roaming our neighborhood, playing lullabies. I have never seen anyone buying anything from the person inside. Would you buy ice cream from this vehicle?

Today I had another ultrasound. I am technically about 31 1/2 weeks along, but am measuring more like 33 1/2 weeks (I think? Pregnancy brain has officially set in)...and the baby is already 5lb4oz. Um, hello. The doctor said I would likely have a 9+lb baby, if I didn't give birth early. I will be discussing this with my regular OB as soon as possible. I'm thinking late March sounds fab. You?

3 comments:

Carrie S said...

Love the dress Claire's in and the picture of her in the flowers! Kate looks so grown up! I'm already in the exhausted and don't want to do anything part of the pregnancy and I'm "supposed" to be in the high energy second trimester! Can't wait to hear what the regular ob says about the ultrasound results!

Andrea_Ben said...

Hmmm, 9lbs - I would be begging to induce please!!!

I love the dress, screw the code!

Your girls are sooooo cute!

Elizabeth said...

I would NOT buy anything from that truck, and I am highly suspicous of ice cream truck drivers in general.

What kind of a fascist school is this? I love that outfit and Kate's Rosie the Riveter stance. Si se puede! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Claire!

I am beginning to think that it takes MONTHS to recover/unpack from trips now. I can't imagine being pregnant and doing it.