Thursday, October 02, 2008

The next Food Network star

Sampling before I could add anything but water to the mix. Note the large glob of brownie mix on the counter.



This is good stuff, Mom! I'm going to have a bowl of this for dinner.

I decided, in a momentary lapse of self-control, that we had to have these brownies for dessert. Kate wanted to watch Diego instead of baking, but Claire was eager to begin her cooking career. Before I could get out the brownie mix, she had pushed a chair over to the island and was ready to get started. Although the kitchen was a minor disaster afterwards, the brownies turned out just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cooking pictures! I also want to hear more about how those brownies turned out. The recipe looks divine. Fortunately for me, I don't have any unsweetened chocolate in the house, so there's no chance of me making them any time soon! Besides, James couldn't eat any so that would leave an awful lot that the rest of us would have to consume. So, eat an extra one for me!

Jen said...

Carrie, don't make it harder on yourself. Always use brownie mix when a recipe tells you to make them from scratch. With the help of Betty, they turned out scrupmtous.