Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living it up in Tucson

Tim has a conference this week in Tucson, so we all drove down together to see family and friends. So far the days have been packed. The drive here was slightly miserable, and is giving me second thoughts on doing it again next month without Tim, but we are having a great time here, so it was worth it.

I forgot my camera cable, so unless I Tim can find some way for me to download pictures off the camera, I'll have to save the photos until next week.

We went to Apple Annie's to get pumpkins on Sunday. Our car looks like CSI: had it in their shop for a week: the layer of dust coating the paint has brought out the tiny fingerprints that are covering all low-lying surfaces. But I digress. The pumpkin picking was fun. It was hot, so we kept it short, but the girls LOVED riding on the tractor-pulled hay wagon and playing in the corn-filled tub.

We've also spent time with my sister and her family, and the girls got to go back to their old school today. I was in heaven. I ran all sorts of quick errands that truly were quick! No buckling of small seatbelts! No whining! No back-and-forth about who got to play with the magnet doodle pad! I even had a peaceful, quiet lunch with a friend. And the girls and I were so happy to see each other when I picked them up.

Tonight I get to go to my old squadron's coffee and see many more friends. God I love vacation.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Hey, Jen~
Sorry we missed you guys! We're in Pittsburgh for a week so I guess we will just miss you again! Anyway, have a great trip and have fun! Take care... Deborah

Andrea and Ben said...

I am so glad we got to catch up. I, personally, hope you attempt the drive yourself next month, but understand why you would not.

Elizabeth said...

I am so jealous! And Apple Annie's!!! Where the pumpkins are actually ON THE VINE in the pumpkin patch, as God intended. I am so glad that you had a good time. That was so cool that K&C got to go to their old school for a day. I hope you find something like that in NLV soon.