Monday, March 19, 2007

The Brilliance of FedEx


Dear FedEx Guy,
It's almost spring here. Having lived in Tucson for 2 years now, I know that 'spring' is synonymous for 'hot'. I assume that you live here, since you delivered this gift box to me sometime on Friday, or maybe on Saturday. Since you, too, live here, you probably knew that it was 93* on Friday, and 95* on Saturday.
I have become (somewhat) accustomed to the weather and now wear long sleeves anytime the temperature falls below 76*. But you and I can both agree that 93* is rather warm. Warm enough to say, melt chocolate. I also assume that you can read, since you delivered this box to me and not my neighbor. What I don't understand is why you put the box in my carport instead of putting it on my doorstep.
It was by chance that I walked out to the mailbox on Saturday morning with my daughter, and she walked over to my car and pointed to the box lying next to it. What probably caught her eye was the bright neon pink sticker that says 'Perishable Items Enclosed'. What caught my eye was, of course, the word 'chocolate'. You, being the professional that you are, ought to have put those 2 pieces of information together and put the box somewhere that I might see it when I walked out my door, not next to the passenger side of my car. I've included 2 photos for your reference, and hope this correspondence will help you please your future customers.
Sincerely,
An Owner of Melted Chocolate Bunnies


It used to be a bunny.
P.S. Thanks for the chocolates, Niki!

4 comments:

Katie said...

oh my god. That SUCKS. Did you open the bag and lick the melted chocolate? I would have!

Andrea and Ben said...

That's hilarious! Ok, not for Easter, sucks they are melted, but i agree with Katie, lick them!!! Or put the plastic backs into boiling water and reshape them into some other store bought mold.

Elizabeth said...

That's just tragic.

Jen said...

I would have licked the melted chocolate, had it still been melted. But it had turned into that weird white/brown/old chocolate looking stuff, and doesn't look too appealing. I think I am going to try one of the mallow eggs. It's hard to ruin those, right?