Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Luke has been getting his fourth bottom tooth for the last week, and has been super crabby. I think this contributed to his "not quite right" demeanor at his birthday party last weekend. That and he seems to be suddenly allergic to strawberries, something I only surmised after several episodes of hives.

Overall, he did pretty well, interacting with the other kids, playing with the plethora of balloons, and picking at his cake. He didn't cry when we sang 'Happy Birthday' to him, and I managed to slide the cake away from him before he burned his fingers when trying to grab the lit candle.




The big sisters wanted to help with every step, especially the cake eating part.

The funniest part of the festivities came when he decided he was done opening presents, wanting to play with my pen instead. A fairly loud tantrum ensued, including a "head on floor" crying fit.


Ainsley looks on in confusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No strawberries!?! Poor kid. At least it's not chocolate.

Niki

Elizabeth said...

Why are there so many children and not any other adults? Love Kate's dress and Luke's beer, though I would have taken him as a koozie kind of guy.

Colleen said...

I am so glad to see someone else has a few pictures of their kids crying. I was beginning to think we were the only ones...